Kooga New Zealand Ltd
Transport & Logistics
Purchasing, Procurement & Inventory
Purchasing & Logistics Officer
- Fun and supportive team environment
- Opportunity for development and growth with an iconic successful business
- Competitive remuneration and benefits
Looking to join a high-performing company, focussed on growth, employee development and enabling a fantastic customer and employee experience?
KooGa NZ is a highly reputable, successful sportswear manufacturer renowned for being a fantastic place to work. As the business continues to grow, innovate and diversify across all sports categories we are looking for the right candidate to own the Purchasing and Logistic process to ensure our customers continue to receive high quality products on time and to specification.
We offer exceptional development support to our team; thus, this role could suit someone with experience in purchasing/inventory co-ordination, supply chain, exporting/importing OR someone looking to diversify their exceptional coordination, administration, planning and organisational skills. Full training will be provided in our systems.
You will be responsible for:
- Being the primary communication and liaison between our factories, internal teams and suppliers, ensuring efficiency, accuracy and delivery to specification of all orders.
- Managing factory WIP and co-ordinating sample and bulk order placement for all national and international suppliers.
- Creating and co-ordinating customer factory order sheets.
- Managing and consolidating end to end logistics of all shipments to our HQ warehouse and customer
- Supporting coordination of colour swatches, stock fabrics and size charts
- Approving factory print files and embroidery strike offs
- Leading quality control process with our factories and suppliers
- Sourcing and purchasing from both local and overseas suppliers
- Responding to queries and undertaking general administration and reporting
- Supporting our continuous improvement philosophy by identifying opportunities for improvement.
To be considered for this role you will need the following:
- Proven and successful coordination, administration, planning and organisational skills with strong attention to detail
- Some previous experience in working with offshore factories/ supply chain/ inventory/ purchasing experience would be an advantage
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to liaise with a wide range of people both nationally and internationally.
- Experience with ERP software and Adobe illustrator would be an advantage
- Intermediate Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
- A professional customer-focussed approach at all times
- Passionate about working with and supporting a team to be successful
- High work ethic and a “hands-on” attitude.
- Strong documentation skills, organisation and planning skills
- Can do attitude with ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Ability to learn quickly
- Driver’s licence
- Good level of physical fitness to lift and move product
- Apparel industry experience and garment knowledge would be a bonus. While not essential, an interest in sport and sportwear would be an advantage.
If this role sounds like it could provide your next challenge, please apply via Seek and include a cover letter and CV with your application.